Tuesday, August 5, 2008

P²=(P)(P) Peace Proposal 2008

Hello Babas and Babes once again,

Acherly, after listening to the PP 2008, I felt that the topic of protecting the ecological integrity of the planet really leaved an impact on me. I believe that what we might be facing in the next few years (or maybe decades) is actually going to be a reality. If anyone of you watched the National Geographic programme on Sunday night(PP day, 3/8) 9 p.m. Preserve Our Planet: Six Degrees Could Change The World, I'm pretty sure that what our MONKEY spoke about an increase of 6.4 degrees in temperature will somehow be known as DOOMSDAY! Well, why this topic really made an impact on me is not just because I LOVE EARTH, but also because I want to make others LOVE EARTH too! For those of you who didn't get a chance to watch the programme, here is the link www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=NationalGeographic&search_query=sixdegrees . The video is broken up into parts so watch from 1 degrees onwards... So, I think WE, as youths, the ones which are holding the key to the future, let's rise and follow these few rules of saving the environment and reducing our carbon footprint (I'll ask Taiko and Taikache and see if we can make it compulsory for the whole block 2 to follow these few rules.....jangan marah yer...) :

  • Use ONLY 7 plactic bags a week (maybe can decrease until ZERO), whether it's to the market or shopping complexes.
  • Take short baths( tak ya ler nak mandi 30 minit...bazir air tu) and turn off the tap whenever you are not using it. (statistics show that if you save around 5 mins of water while showering(everytime), you may save up to 50 litres of water a year)
  • RECYCLE!!!!
  • If you're going somewhere within walking distance, then walk,don't drive there!!!!!!
Well, these are the few rules I can think of right now, and I really hope that you guys will AT LEAST TRY to follow these rules, it is our future we are holding.

*If anything is wrong with this post, please correct it....

Signing off,
MNX

OMG=Otak Mesti Guna

No comments: