Monday, May 18, 2009

The Biggest Blunder

Earlier today, I was asked to lead the oath during assembly for the very first time.
Apart of me was nervous, Another part of me was happy to be able to play a role before I leave High School.
Right then I knew I only had a minute or two before the National Anthem ended.
I was rehearsing the oath repeatedly in my head.
I knew I got it all right and was ready. But things changed when I stood infront of the crowd, having a microphone right infront of my face, seeing the crowd waiting for a response. .
My mind just went blank!

And what may you ask was the biggest blunder I've made??

I said this very phrase, "Sila angkat tangan kiri untuk bacaan ikrar."

I soon heared laughter from the crowd but can't make of it.
And then a friend of mine whispered "Kanan, Rach, Kanan"
I then realise my mistake. In my head I was telling myself, "You know what? I'm going to finish what I've started & apologise for the mistake!"
And I ended the oath perfectly. . .

I guess at the end of the day what I'm trying to say here is.. If it wasn't for all the experience that I've gained and opportunities given to participate in the 5.5, To speak in a large crowd, to coordinate a group of new people, to be an emcee in a Hsd meet, to perform infront of people.. I wouldn't have been able to pull myself back up and finish it confidently.

So shall you all use this opportunity well for the upcoming 5.5 HSD Day, as this is only a stepping stone to many bigger challenges set infront of you.



Okay you can all go ahead and laugh now.. ^.^ Shall this enlighten your day.

All the very best in mid-terms yo!

Rachel.

No comments: